GTA understands that the needs of its consumer product sector clients involve much more than sourcing a quality product at a lower price. In this sector, attractive product packaging and compliance with product safety is also critical. In addition, GTA has worked with several clients to ensure that their factory sources and overall supply chain meets growing statutory requirements and consumer expectations relating to corporate social responsibility.
GTA’s contracts with all manufacturing sources include a human rights policy, which requires:
- non-discriminatory employment practices
- work hours and overtime pay that comply with local laws
- no forced labor
- the payment of fair wages and benefits consistent with local laws
- no child labor
- worker freedom of association
- and compliance with local worker safety and health laws
Social compliance is a key factor in GTA’s factory selection process.
GTA also has experience in selecting and working with third-party social compliance firms to audit offshore manufacturing facilities. GTA’s professional team typically interfaces with the auditor and factory to facilitate full compliance with applicable social metrics.